Monday, July 27, 2009

Gardens in the Summer...




are just the best!

(besides the bugs and heat, of course)

Mine is
at full bloom right now
<-----------


I planted
-two watermelon plants (the crawly one taking over the garden plot, without producing any fruit I might add)






-Two zuchinni squash plants





-One yellow squash plant -------->
(that's the first yellow squash that's growing, but there sure
have been a lot of blooms!)







-Four tomato plants
(which did better last year in the I-look-healthy-category, but ironically I'm getting more fruit this year...)



-Two basil plants, and a few that just took to seed from last year which made me feel like I had a little bit of a green thumb.








-Some herbs like chives and cilantro and dill (the cilantro and dill were the first casualties of the season.)


-AND a plant that I forgot what it was and was just hoping it would have some sort of vegetable attatched to it so that I would know what it was.



So I found this....



Not a clue to what it was.... some sort of half vegetable half cactus?
(Incase you can't tell, there are like a million needles pointing out of that thing...)



So I called my mom over to ask her if she knew what it was, and she said it looked like a cucumber.

Ohhhhh, yeah, that's right....



next year I am SO making sure to write down and mark which plant is which



......because I also forgot what the watermelon plants were and what squash plants were which, and before the dill and cilantro died, I was on the fence about which was which until I smelled them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! (I'd love if you did)