Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Warning: Do Not Feed After Midnight

haha remember Gremlins? This post doesn't really have anything to do with them besides the similarity of: Gremlins +Food + After midnight= monsters; Me + cooking + After midnight= Monster.

Okay not really a monster, but I get kind of cranky. But then again people always tell met that I get cranky when I cook. Which is weird, because I love cooking.



Okay, is it just me, or is there something really satisfying about making a huge mess cooking, and then cleaning everything up and having a sparkly kitchen plus yummy food?



The only downside is that I have a bad habit of cooking when everyone else has gone to sleep (basically often after 10, mostly past midnight) and so I have to be really careful about lids hitting the counter too hard, accidentally banging dishes together when I'm washing them etc. Please don't worry about the safety of my dishes, I don't hit them that hard.


My mom tells me I spend too much time cooking, and I'm kind of starting to believe that I have a problem with cooking/baking too much. Last night I firmly told myself that I wasn't going to cook again because I somehow always spend multiple plus hours in the kitchen but then decided at half past midnight that I couldn't resist and whipped up chicken pot pie (but with a bisquick topping instead of pie... so really a chicken pot bisquick) and bacon jalapeno cheddar biscuits.



Aaaand then I waited around for the pot pie to cool enough to put in the fridge. At 3:30 am. When I had woken at 5:30am that same day.



Goooood thing I don't technically have to do anything tomorrow until 6 pm.


PS. Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year? Even if you aren't a writer (because I am sooo not) it's really fun to try out, and it has made me appreciate other's writing even more. 

It doesn't start till November so you have time to decide/ think about what you would want to write about!!




1 comment:

  1. I cook all the time late at night and Kevin never likes anything I make :) You are probably a better cook than me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! (I'd love if you did)