Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Prayers

Today I had another meeting with the missionaries, and it was extra special because my cousin Corinne was able to join us!

Aaaand she shared some amazing stories of how her prayers have been answered. It was really inspiring to learn the ways in which Heavenly Father responded to her. One of her stories (I hope it's ok that I'm sharing this) was that she had been praying for an opportunity to serve others. Then about a week later she had an urge to go to up to her neighbor's house, whom she didn't really know, and ask if they needed help. She didn't know why she was going over there, except that she knew she should.

It turned out that her father was dying. Corinne described how the woman's eyes welled up with tears, and was so grateful for the unexpected kindness of her neighbor.

/files/HEH Images/prayer1.jpg

Beautiful story, don't you think??  Do you have any you would like to share?



2 comments:

  1. Wow....that's amazing!!! Those are the type of stories that need to show up in the Ensign :). I actually haven't had any experiences like that unfortunately... For me, my prayers are answered in my mind and I never know if I was the one who thought of it or if it was the Spirit but then afterward I realize it was the spirit!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a lot of experiences with prayer, but one that was particularly meaningful to me was when I prayed about what my major should be. I tried about 3 before I finally decided on English, not sure if my prayer was answered or not. Sitting in class one day we were reading Wordsworth's "Tintern Abbey" when I felt the spirit so strongly reassure me that this was where I belonged, and where I was supposed to be. Most of the time our answers come after we make a decision on our own, and the spirit often confirms it. You are so lovely - thank you for allowing me to remember these experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! (I'd love if you did)